Saturday 8 September 2012

Power Up!!

Mediums Used:
Essie - Natural Nail Strengthener
Essie - Below The Belt
Acrylic Paints
Sally Hansen - Diamond Strength Instant Nail Hardener (as top coat)

This past week I stumbled across this picture:
I thought it was super cute and reminded me of spending hours and hours playing Super Mario Brothers with my brothers. It was a love/hate relationship between Mario and I; I loved playing, until I died... This week I had also read up on how some other nail artist use acrylic paints instead of nail polish (which I usually use). This was my first ever go at using acrylics on my nails and I'm not completely sold as of yet. Some times it was easier to handle than the polish but I think I will keep it for small areas and intricate details. As you probably noticed, some of the bigger sections it got a bit lumpy...

For this look I started off with a base coat and a wash of white nail polish. After this was completely dry I used my dotting tool and acrylic paints to create the power up mushies. When this was dry I sealed the paint with a top coat!

Until next time,
Weezy xx



No comments:

Post a Comment