Sunday 16 September 2012

Mad Man in a Box

Materials Used:
Essie - Natural Nail Strengthener
OPI - Mystery
Makeup Sponge
Ulta3 - Metal
Sally Hansen - Digital
Sportsgirl - Rock Royalty
BYS - Silver Moon
Acrylic Paints
China Glaze - Fast Forward Top Coat

It's no secret - I love Doctor Who!! So with the commencement of season seven airing every Saturday night ("Doctor Who Saturday") this mani was kind of inevitable... :)

For this look, I started off with a base coast and a wash of a really deep glittery purple. After this was dry I used a makeup sponge to lightly apply silver, pink and purple polishes to replicate the colours of a Nebula. I then coated this with a glittery silver polish on all nails except for thumbs. On my thumbs I then used acrylic paints to draw the Tardis. I sealed all my nails with a fast drying top coat.

I found it so much easier to work with the acrylic paints this time 'round, practice makes perfect I suppose.

Until next time,
Weezy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment